Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Rookie question

From: Linux Hawk <linux_hawk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:41:55 -0700 (PDT)
I am getting a lot of traffic on our Network.

My question at this point is why in the main window of
Ethereal why does it give something like # # # # # . 1
instead of a IP Address?

In the main window�
The source is not a IP Address, instead it is 5
numbers and a .1 at the end.
It is something like # # # # # . 1
(I do not want to give out the exact # since this
email is clear text)
Also the destination is 0.255
It is a .ZIP which is a Get Net Info request

In the Protocol Tree Window
The destination says it is a
Appletalk-Broadcast-Address
We have no Mac stuff at all.
The Source said it is from a Sercom product.

I get 2 different Mac addresses.
I can locate the Source mac address on our Network
Switch.
I found which port it is, but our building is all
mislabeled

I am still hunting this down and trying to learn this
stuff.

My question at this point is why in the main window of
Ethereal why does it give something like # # # # # . 1
instead of a IP Address?

Thanks in advance

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html