Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] gtk-2.0

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 09:48:59 -0700
Jose Silva wrote:
Hi, I just wanted to know if there is any version of ethereal that can
run under gtk-2?

"Version" in the sense of "version of the source code" or "version" in the sense of "binary distribution"?

The source code can compile and run with GTK+ 2.x if you have a developer version of GTK+ 2.x (and GLib 2.x) installed; in fact, you explicitly have to configure it to use 1.2[.x] if that's what you have.

I don't know which binary versions, other than perhaps the Fink or DarwinPorts versions for OS X (on OS X, Ethereal only works with GTK+ 2.x), were built with 2.x.