Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Meaning of Trailer in Ethernet frames

From: Marco van den Bovenkamp <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:13:14 +0200
Arnold Nipper wrote:

64 bytes for 10/100
512 bytes for GE

No, the minimum frame size for GE is still 64 bytes. The 512 bytes is with carrier extension included when running half duplex, but carrier extension is not part of the Ethernet frame.

And as nobody *ever* runs GE in half duplex (and many PHYs don't even support it), the point is moot anyway.

--

		Regards,

			Marco.