Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 64 bit

From: "GRANDILLO Massimo" <mgrandil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:47:10 -0400
Ok...so can I use tcpdump/windump to gather packets, and then analyze it
with Ethereal? Would that solve my problem? What I want to do is gather
packets over a long period of time. And be able to analyze the
information afterwards. With Ethereal, the multiple files created were
not only too big, but there was a lot of files created and I would need
to merge them to analyze the info globally. So my understanding is that
I wont be able to analyze the packets with tcpdump, but it wont freeze
up on me for continuous gathering of packets...but how can I analyze the
packets??

Thanks again for your help.