Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Capture Filter SNMP & Messenger

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:27:54 -0700
Al Stu wrote:
What is the syntax for creating an SNMP & Messenger capture filter?

For SNMP, it'd be something such as "udp port 161 or udp port 162", as those are the ports SNMP normally uses. If the SNMP traffic is running over UDP but on some other port, you'd have to specify those ports instead.

For "Messenger" (whatever type of "Messenger" that is - AOL IM? Microsoft? ...), if it runs over UDP, it'd be something similar, based on what UDP port it's using. For TCP, it'd be similar, except that it'd be "tcp port {whatever}".