Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Capture of output to USB port

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 18:55:02 -0500
It is not clear from the FAQ whether Ethereal is the right tool for running a Windows dialer program to capture the AT commands it issues to a USB modem. I have a Motorola E680 cellphone with a built-in modem that appears to work like any other dial-up modem, except that it needs a special initialization AT command, which is issued by a Windows dialer program. The problem is that I want to be able to use a Linux dialer like kppp or wvdial to have the phone call the Internet, so I need the AT commands the Windows dialer is issuing the phone through the USB port. The vendor of the Windows dialer won't disclose (or doesn't know) what AT command sequence it issues, so I need a utility to run (once) the Windows dialer program to capture the output it issues to the USB port. Any suggestions?

Please respond directly to this address, as I am not subscribed to this list.

And visit my civic site, www.constitution.org

-- Jon

Linux Migration Network    7793 Burnet Road #37, Austin, TX 78757
512/374-9585 www.linux-migration.net  jroland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx