Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereals IO Graph Facility

From: Jonathan Blakesley <j.blakesley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:27:02 +0100
Hi,

How does Ethereal generate the plot? Does it:
A) Count the number of bytes/packets over a small sample duration every second or so, or does it
B) Calaculate a continuous average rate and plot the value of that average every second or so?

If you could shed some light on this it would help me to explain what I am seeing.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Blakesley
Student Engineer