Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] ethereal saving as dat file

From: "Ankur Aggarwal" <ankur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:02:45 +0530
Harris

Thanks for your prompt reply.
1)	I already have a code which can extract and generate all the
radio/packet information in the .apc file and it can be easily
integrated to suit ethereal. But I am not sure how to interface it with
ethereal-0.10.10\wiretap\etherpeek.c while maintaining the legacy code.

2)	I already have the driver source code for our .11abg card which
could be modified to promiscuous mode. But I am still unsure of how to
interface it ethereal. Is there some interface document/ specifications

3)       How do you set the .11a/b/g radio mode and channel number?

4)       In what format does my card/driver dump packets to the ethereal
and how does it inform about the packet arrival?

Regards,
Ankur