Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Display filter for broadcast/multicast ethernet

From: "Michael Kopp" <michael.kopp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 01:19:19 +0200 (MEST)
Hi,
I`d like to create a display filter for ethernet packets where the Broadcast
bit is set (first byte , lowest bit set)
as a capture filter this is easy done with "ether multicast"
but as a capture filter it seems not to be possible, am I right
(Actually I want to have a coloring rule for that, so the capture filter
doesnt help me in my situation)

I tried "eth.dst[0:1} == 01 | eth.dst[0:1] == 03 ..." , but to catch all
valid broadcast combinations , the filter string gets far to long.

So I just wanted to check if I`m right with my assumption that it is
currently not possible ?

Regards
Michael

--