Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Re: Newbie Dissector question

From: linux lover <linux_lover2004@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 05:04:10 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
--- ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Correct.
>
> The dissector_add() lines registers the ip dissector
> for those
> transports which transports ip.
> It just registers dissect_ip() in some external
> dissector tables.
>
> Look inside packet-eth.c you will see the dissector
> table for things
> running ontop of ethernet and see soemthing liek
> dissector_try_port() that will call the dissector
> registered in that
> table.
     I check that one. i found it in
packet-ethernet.c.
OK,so following function is used to search dissector
table for that packets handoff to next protocol.
dissector_found =
dissector_try_port(ethertype_dissector_table,
		    etype, next_tvb, pinfo, tree);

       Then why following is used in packet-eth.c
fw1_handle = find_dissector("fw1");
        Does it not also finds next dissector routine
to handle packet?
regards,
linux_lover.