Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] packet reception parsing problem

Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 09:05:11 +0200
Hello,

bunty a écrit :
I want to know why some times i get protocols in frame output for icmp packets as eth:ip:icmp and sometimes sll:ip:icmp? why same pc recognises icmp pacekts as eth as well as sll? I am

SLL is Linux cooked mode capture. It is a fake link-layer header, used instead of the real link-layer header (Ethernet) when capturing on the fake 'any' interface (regardless of the link types). It should contain the source MAC address if available, the protocol id, and other link-layer related information.

Regards,

--
Julien Leproust