Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problems running "Ethereal"

From: "MagicMacMan MagicMacMan" <magicmacman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:21:05 +0200
Hello to all.

First of all: I am a bloody newbye in Fink, UNIX and the Terminal. So ur answers must be like "UNIX / Terminal / Fink / Ethereal for Dummies" and i am German, my english is not so good, please excuse this.

I have the latest Version of Ethereal/Fink/X11 and OS X installed. I used Fink Comander to install Ethereal. When i Type in Terminal: "ethereal" OR "sudo ethereal" the Terminal prompt those Error:

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

What is wrong? Why can�t i start "Ethereal"? I would be happy about any help.

Thank u in advance, magicmacman

and all the best from Germany ;-))

My System configuration is:

System