Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Avaya IP

From: "Giles Coochey" <giles.coochey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:57:38 -0000

I've just connected an Asterisk OpenH323 PBX to an Avaya IP Office 406
unit with a VCM card in it. The protocol I'm using is H.323.

So in answer to your question, H.323 is supported, whether the Avaya
Endpoint <--> Avaya PBX utilises H.323 is another question :-)

By the way, I can connect Netmeeting to the Asterisk PBX, but not to the
Avaya IP Office unit.
Our vendor told me that in order for Netmeeting to connect to the 406
unit we would need to purchase VoIP Endpoint licenses (I imagine for
G729 royalties), I don't use G729, so all our IP Endpoints connect to
Asterisk, which forwards to the Avaya IP Unit.