Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Can't Find Ethernet Adapter

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 20:28:58 -0700
On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:42:46PM -0500, Joe Viel wrote:
> "Can't get list of interfaces: PacketGetAdaptersNames: A non-blocking
> socket operation could not be completed immediately."
>
> It was working fine last week.  Can anyone tell me what this means

It means that WinPcap is misbehaving.

> and what I should do about it?

Try un-installing whatever version of WinPcap you're using and
installing a newer one - for example, if you're currently using 3.0, try
using 3.1 beta 3.  (Note that it's a beta, so if you have problems,
report them to the WinPcap developers, so they can try to fix them
before the final 3.1 release.)