Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] more raw ethernet

From: "Ronald C. Wagner" <rcw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 18:26:13 -0700
Someone asked recently about monitoring raw ethernet, a subject that also interests me.

I want to see ethernet encapsulated packets as per RFC 894.  These packets would have a 6 byte destination MAC, 6 byte source MAC, 2 byte type, 46-1500 bytes of data and then a 4 byte CRC.

Regardless of the OS dependancies, will ethereal display such packets?