Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal 10.3 crashes with AIM packets...

From: Mike W <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 07:02:50 -0400
Anyone experiencing crashes on WinXP with Ethereal 10.3, WinPcap 3.0 when attempting to translate "AIM" - "SNAC data, Sign-on, Sign-on Reply" packets? I have two captures, one from Ethereal and one from another device, both with packets identified as above, and Ethereal crashes any time I attempt to view these packets:

Displayed in DOS window: file proto.c: line 1917: assertion failed: ((guint)hfindex < gpa_hfinfo.len)

Windows error box: Unspecified fatal error encountered, aborting