Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Filters

From: "Umesha S Anand" <umeshuv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 09:56:07 +0530
Title: Message
Hi
   I use the following method to set the capture filter.  Capture the packets without any capture filter.  Then click on the field in one of the packets based on which
you want to filter ( Say for example source ip address ).  On the right hand corner of ethereal, window you will see the capture field name that should be used for
filtering ( For ex: in this case ip.src ).

-thanks,
Umesh.