Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Display filters 'ymsg' and 'yhoo'

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:10:56 +0200
|From: Jerry Talkington
|
|On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 07:41:40PM +0200, Martin Regner wrote:

|> Ethereal currently only support YMSG directly over TCP, not
|> YMSG over HTTP.
|>
|> Maybe it isn't so difficult to add support for YMSG over HTTP.
|
|It doesn't look like it would be.  If someone provides me with a
|YMSG over HTTP trace, I can implement it.

It is *extremely* simple. Have a look at packet-msn-messenger.c
and look at the handoff routine:

void
proto_reg_handoff_msnms(void)
{
  dissector_handle_t msnms_handle;

  msnms_handle = create_dissector_handle(dissect_msnms, proto_msnms);
  dissector_add("tcp.port", TCP_PORT_MSNMS, msnms_handle);
  data_handle = find_dissector("data");
  /*
   * For MSN Messenger Protocol over HTTP
   */
  dissector_add_string("media_type", "application/x-msn-messenger",
msnms_handle);
}

You only have to add the correct media type for YMSG to its handoff routine
and it'll be dissected accordingly!

Regards,

Olivier