Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Problems capturing AIM packets

From: Panic! <panic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 21:48:04 -0400
I recently installed Ettercap on my Mac OS 10.3.3 (Darwin 7.3.0) computer and decided I'd rather use Ethereal as a packet analyzer, rather than the built-in sniffing engine. Using Fink, I installed the SSL-enabled 0.10.3 version and gave it a go.

It seems to work fine, but I'm having troubles filtering AIM messages, The filter "aim_messaging" doesn't work, and if I specify my own FNAC family or subtype, it shows nothing on my list. I think this might be a bug in Ethereal - has anyone had something like this happen to them?

Regards,
Ryan Govostes