Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] extension headers ipv6

From: Michele Bustos <mbustos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:32:17 -0800
I have an instance where we are configuring extension headers, specifically
routing and hop-by-hop with an ICMPv6 after the extension header.
Ethereal decodes that same packet with a incorrect checksum (suggested
correct 0xA3c4)(41924) AND a Malformed Packet ICMPv6. Other vendor's trace
programs are giving me a GOOD frame indicator and no "bad" flag for the
checksum (0xA3d3)(41939). My gut is to trust ethereal, however, I have not
seen it in writing that the checksum of upperlayer protocols when daisy
chained with IPv6 extension headers is supported.  I am trying to force a
bad checksum on that packet at this time to further investigate.
Ideas?  Is there anyone who would know for sure?
thx!
/m