Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Loopback adapter under windows

From: "Adrian Sampaleanu" <asampaleanu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:45:31 -0500
Hello,

The chart showing supported capture media says that Windows does not have a loopback adapter. This is no longer true, I guess, since, at least under Win2K, you can install a Microsoft Loopback adapter. Question is, though, is it useable by Ethereal - doesn't seem to be by my attempts - and if not what is the technical issue stopping it from being used?

Thanks,
    Adrian