Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Stripping GRE encapsulation

From: Richard Berry <berryr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:58:37 -0500
We're working with several GRE-Encapsulated traces. Ethereal reads it with no problem, and we're able to review the capture's just fine. However, we'd like to save it without the GRE data so that other utilities, such as Etherape and NTOP (among others) can read the "real" IP headers and not just the GRE data.

Does anyone know a way to do that? Possibly within the Ethereal suite, but I'm willing to try other approaches.

Thanks!

Richard Berry
berryr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx