Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] ethereal doesn't work (win98se + juno)

From: "lupusdacicus" <lupusdacicus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:46:00 -0700
I am using win98se and I am trying to use yahoo messanger and ethereal/windump, while having winpcap installed

- I cannot use yahoo messanger anymore. I have tried reinstalling it sevaral
times. It is still not working. I reaintalled the whole windows again, but
yahoo messanger is still not working.

-ethereal tcp/ip analyzer (www.ethereal.com/  ) is not working
I am trying to install a tool like ethereal, who uses winPcap libtrary
to capture TCP/HTTP transfers, because I need it to develop some perl
scripts and I need to see HTTP headers and bodies, but this one (ethereal)
is not working either.

When I was using AOL, I didn't have problems in using yahoo messanger, so
after thinking and eliminating some other possibilities, I think it may have
something to do with the JUNO connection program. Is there anyway that such
a program can interfere with programs like yahoo messanger and ethereal ? Windump is not capturing anything either, nor any other tcp/ip traffic captruring tools I could get my hands on.

When trying
"windump -d"

I get:

D:\windump.exe : listening on PPPMAC
<000>     ret  #96

What does this mean ?

Has anyone any idea what's happening and how can I solve these problems and have ethereal or/and windump to actually work ?

If anyone can be of any help, please reply at lupusdacicus@xxxxxxxx

Juno is not providing internet connection support fro Linux. Do you know of any major, yet with a low monthly fee, ISP that I can use to connect from Linux ? has anyone tried to run the Juno Connection software from Linux, using the windows emulator ?

Thank you,
Nicusor.