Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] rpm can't find ucd-snmp or libsnmp.so.0

From: Kneeland Timothy 1stLt AFIT/ENG <Timothy.Kneeland@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:50:07 -0400
I just loaded RH 8.0 and am trying to load Ethereal 0.9.7-1.7.2.i386 rpms.
The base packages reports the dependencies on ucd-snmp and libsnmp.so.0.  I
know libsnmp.so.5.0.1 is in /usr/lib.  I tried a symbolic link from
libsnmp.so -> libsnmp.so.0 -> libsnmp.so.5.0.1 but still get the same error
"can't find libsnmp.so.0."