Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Newbie: how to find out the ideal MTU size from data...

From: Alfredo Montesinos <montesinos@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 22:57:20 -0400
Hi..

I am new to ethereal.

I have gathered enough data from my ppp0 device but I cannot tell what is the ideal MTU size for my hardware based modem based on these frame readings. Can someone shed some light into this?

I use Linux and pppd to connect. Basically, i want to maximize my modem MTU settings. I use a 56k modem. :-/

Is the MTU size determined from my ISP provider? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Alfredo