Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] ethereal and HPUX

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:42:00 -0700
On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 09:21:19PM -0400, Robert Morris wrote:
> # ethereal
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libz.sl
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
> Abort(coredump)

You didn't say where you got those binaries, but, from the names and
version numbers, I'll infer that you got them from the HP-UX Porting and
Archive Centre.

If so, it appears that they screwed up the dependencies on the page for
Ethereal, as the version you installed is dynamically linked with the
libz library, a/k/a zlib, but the page for Ethereal (at least on the
University of Utah mirror) doesn't list zlib as a dependency.

> Where does this library get installed from?

zlib 1.1.4 is available from the Porting and Archive Centre; search for
zlib.

> Whatelse needs to be installed for this?

You need all the other stuff listed on the page for Ethereal under
"Dependencies:".