Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Update the FAQ request and Feature Request

From: james jones <jame_sj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
--- Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you mean by "follow the tcp stream in a new
> window"?  "Follow
> TCP Stream" *does* put the stream's text in a new
> window.

> So what you really want is the ability to have
> multiple main Ethereal
> windows with different display filters.

> So what you really want is the ability to have
> multiple main Ethereal
> windows with different display filters.

Right, that is exactly what I would like to have as a
right click option. But would it be possible to only
dump the stream into the window instead of the entire
capture with the appropiate filters in place.

You worded that much better than I.

The drawback to that would be in regards to
preformance issues I guess???