Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] Ethereal & Gigabit ethernet

From: John J Pye <jpye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 15:20:30 -0400
Hi anyone.

I installed Ethereal 0.9.7 on my Windows 98 PC.
It seems to work fine with my 10/100 NIC and the NDIS 3.0 Driver.

I will soon be getting a Gigabit Ethernet NIC, and I have two questions
about Ethereal:
1. Does Ethereal handle Jumbo Frames?
       ( I assume it does, but I have never seen it explicitly stated. )

2. If the new NIC uses NDIS 4.0 or 5.0, is Ethereal compatible with it?

Thanks for any help.

--
-John Pye
Software Engineer