Ethereal-users: [Ethereal-users] TCP Packets

Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 16:55:28 +0300
Hello,

I am a novice to this tool and I am trying to capture TCP packets to find out the HTTP request(s) send in each packet. My objective is to evaluate the HTTP 1. 1 performance - especially the affect of pipelining.

I had run the tests and got the data. How do I find out which HTTP requests belong to which TCP packet?

One solution, I can think of is "sequence number" of the TCP packets. It's same for next HTTP request when I filter the data for TCP and HTTP.

But from the data I have, I couldn't find any requests which are pipelined that way. All of them are GET requests(idempotent method).

Any pointers in this regard would be of great help.

Thank you.

Regards,
Uday.