Ethereal-users: Re: [Ethereal-users] Install issues with WinNT4 and Win2K - RESOLVED - VGA drive

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 15:45:18 -0700 (PDT)
> > FYI, I just installed Ethereal on an NT4 server that had the plain VGA
> > drivers installed, and got the divide by zero error.  After installing the
> > proper drivers for the video card, Ethereal would load fine.  That's the
> > only change I made (aside from the reboot during installation, but I had
> > just rebooted anyways after installing WinPCap), so I'm sure that was it
> > (thanks, by the way; it was your post that pointed me to upgrading the
> > video drivers).
> >                                          -Scott
>

> Well, that settles it for me then. There must be a problem with either
> Ethereal or GTK that doesn't like the MS vga drivers.

Ethereal has no clue what a VGA driver is, and does not itself do any
low-level graphics; all the drawing it does is done by GTK+, so this is
almost certainly a GTK+-for-Windows issue.  I'd suggest telling Tor
Lillqvist, the creator of GTK+-for-Windows, about this:

	http://user.sgic.fi/~tml/gimp/win32/