Ethereal-users: RE: [Ethereal-users] Legal Question

From: "Mat Butler" <winged@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:02:08 -0700
Title: Legal Question

On the website (http://www.ethereal.com/introduction.html#license) it says that the license is GPL.  There is no notice of this within the distribution itself – this needs to be included at some point (is someone listening, to include the GNU GPL’s LICENSE file?).

The text of the GNU GPL (it doesn’t specify the version) states that you can distribute binaries of the program, as long as you distribute the source code OR provide a place where the source code can be downloaded.  If you don’t distribute the binary (just use it internally), you don’t have to distribute the source code.

-Mat Butler