Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Adding interface in Ethereal

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:01:33 -0700
kavita wrote:

I am trying to monitor IP traffic on Windows XP OS. But still Ethereal is not showing me the dial-up interface.

What does Ethereal report if you select "About" from the "Help" menu? If it's not running WinPcap 3.1, un-install WinPcap and download and install 3.1 from:

	http://www.winpcap.org/install/default.htm

If it is running WinPcap 3.1, and you have dialed in on your Internet account, and it's not showing the dial-up interface as per

	http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm#Q-5

and

	http://www.winpcap.org/misc/faq.htm#Q-25

then report the problem to the WinPcap developer:

	http://www.winpcap.org/contact.htm