Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal and accessibility?

From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:43:27 -0400
Hi Mark,

Thanks so much for your message.

The finding of such hooks is up to the assistive technology and isn't a
problem, I would think.

However, the problem is that none of the file menus, buttons, or other
controls in Ethereal read correctly. It's not like the technology totally
doesn't see them, because I can do such things as use a cursor mode to see
certain text in windows like "filter" and detect controls like combo boxes,
check boxes, and the like. However, interaction with such controls is close
to 0, I'm afraid to report.

I will, apologetically, admit my familiar with the programming side of
accessibility is a great deal stronger on windows than it is on *nix, but it
be possible to find out if there is anything that ethereal can do with
respect to labeling buttons, making controls available, and so forth?

By the way ... If anyone can get gnopernicus working on gnome, you can hear
what I'm hearing, or lack there of.

Take care,
Sina