Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Adding a new field type.

From: Richard Stearn <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:29:40 +0100
Ulf Lamping wrote:
While doing the rebuild also take a look at all the warnings coming up if something interesting is displayed.

I don't think there is anything abnormal in the warnings.

For a rebuild from distclean of an unmodified 0.10.12 a digest of the
warnings reads like this:

warning: .* defined but not used -     353
warning: implicit declaration of function -       1
warning: unused parameter -      20
warning: .* might be used uninitialized in this function -       4
Warning: .* description field .* too big, try a different debug format -   25705
warning: passing arg .* of .* discards qualifiers from pointer target type -       2
warning: unused variable -       2
warning: use of .* length character with .* type character -       2
warning: variable .* might be clobbered by -       3
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned -       2
warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type -      35

and for my modified version of 0.10.12 is

warning: .* defined but not used -     353
warning: implicit declaration of function -       1
warning: unused parameter -      20
warning: .* might be used uninitialized in this function -       4
Warning: .* description field .* too big, try a different debug format -   25705
warning: passing arg .* of .* discards qualifiers from pointer target type -       2
warning: unused variable -       3
warning: use of .* length character with .* type character -       2
warning: variable .* might be clobbered by -       3
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned -       2
warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type -      35

There is a difference of 1 in the count for:
	warning: unused variable
which I can account for coming from my code.

--
Regards
	Richard