Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Updates to NCP dissector

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:46:38 -0700
Greg Morris wrote:
Yes, this is intentional. All NetWare NCP return values from the server are 0x89xx error codes. Instead of forcing people to know this when attempting to lookup Novell return values, I decided to just display the complete/correct code instead of just the value in the packet. You can refer to the following site for more information...
http://www.novell.com/documentation/nwec/index.html

So the decimal value is the completion code sent over the wire, and the hex code is the value as returned from some API (with the NW client taking the code from over the wire and ORing it with 0x8900)?