Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Re: New dissector for PVFS2

From: ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 18:23:18 -0400
After a very quick review   here are some changes:

1,  you have to terminate all value_strings with a
 {0, NULL}
entry to prevent them from reading beyond the end of the array.

2, in dissect_pvfs2_error()
remove the if (err == 0) and always add the item using
proto_tree_add_uint() regardless of what error is.   Add a { 0,
"Success"}, to the value_string for error.

3, in dissect_pvfs2_error() add code so that IF there was a err!=0
then do the COL_INFO stuff to add the error to the information part of
the summary line

4,  dissect_pvfs2_attrmask()
Should you not have this one dissect a lot of proto_tree_add_boolean()
 with FT_BOOLEANs ?

5, can you replace all strcpy() (and strcat() if you use them)  with
g_snprintf()

(i did not check for whether there could be infinite loops where
offset is never updated)

can you do these changes and resubmit for another review?

can you also add a wiki page for the protocol and upload an example
capture to the wiki.