Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] m-notification-ind inside of PAP http POST

From: "Ryan" <nideffer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:03:37 -0700
I was very happy to see that ethereal has a protocol dissector for MMS
encapsulation, basically WAP 209 encoded mms messages. However, i was
dissapointed when I captured a tcpdump of an HTTP POST containing an MMS
m-notification-ind, and found that ethereal was unable to dissect the
MMS encapsulation of the notification. I'm curious as to why ethereal
doesn't see the MMS encapsulation. Here is the format of a PAP
m-notification-ind over HTTP

------------

HTTP POST
<snip>
</pap>
--0123456789
<the content of this MIME body part is an MMS encapsulated
m-notification-ind>
--0123456789

What do I need to do so ethereal dissects this protocol? I assume I dont
need to write an entirely new dissector for the MMS encapsulated body
part since one already exists, but how do I hook it in so that it finds
it in the body part of the HTTP post?

Thanks,
Ryan