Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Patch to allow "copy to clipboard as CSV" for the contents of

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 01:51:57 +0200
Palmer Thomas J Civ HQ SSG/ENEM wrote:

Hi List,
The following patch allows a user to copy the contents of the Endpoint List/Conversation list Windows to the clipboard. It has been tested with GTK2 on W2K-SP4. I hope this is useful to someone.

                                        tjp
<<endpoint_talkers_table.c.diff>> <<endpoint_talkers_table.h.diff>> <<hostlist_table.c.diff>> <<hostlist_table.h.diff>>

Well, some comments on your patches:

-please send in unified patches (including 3 lines before and after the actual changed part) -tell diff to ignore whitespace is also a good idea, as there are some whitespace changes in your patch (especially in the .h files)
-please try to keep your ethereal source tree up to date

Now about your changes:

1 There are some changes only done in hostlist_table.c but not in endpoint_talkers_table.c, please try to keep these two files as much the same as possible.

2 Why is: return strcmp (text1, text2); removed?

3 Please note, you've only changed the seperate page dialog(s), but not the combined dialog (I've added that).

I have updated an approach to the hostlist table (endpoints), but I'm still unsure if the button handling is a good idea, or if this should be triggered by the context menu.

Thomas: Could you update your patch for the now called conversation tables?

Regards, ULFL