Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] SS7 ISUP

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:58:28 -0700
On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 09:49:28AM +0300, Dimitar Stoichev wrote:
> I was wondering is there any development in the direction of sniffing SS7
> traffic from a real (septel) SS7 card, that does not utilize sigtran. Please
> share any information on ways to do that. Is this on the roadmap at all?

There's no roadmap for it to be on.  Stuff gets done to Ethereal when
people decide to do it.

That stuff, however, should be done in libpcap; current versions of
libpcap (0.8 and later) support more than just capturing on regular
network interfaces, they also support adding additional capture devices
(such as the DAG cards, support for which exists, for Linux and FreeBSD,
in libpcap 0.8).

I don't know whether anybody's working on that.  (I'm not - I don't work
with telephony stuff.)