Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Webbrowser call: doesn't work with GLib1.x

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 00:43:29 -0700
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:39:59AM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> When looking at the recent changes made, I was aware that the current
> implementation of webbrowser.c lacks support for Glib1.x versions.
>
> So if Glib 1.x is used (not on MAC OS X or Win32 platforms), you have
> the menu items to select the webbrowser pages, but when clicking on it,
> simply nothing happens.
>
> As I don't have a short hand solution to do it right (call the browser
> somehow), do we want to disable the corresponding menu items in that
> case (temporarily for this release)?

That sounds reasonable.  (Unless somebody takes the effort to make GLib
1.2[.x] and GTK+ 1.2[.x] to build as dynamically-linked libraries,
people aren't going to be able to build for OS X with GLib 1.2[.x]; I
don't think we support GLib 1.3[.x] on Win32, either, so this might just
be doable as "if GLib 1.x, don't offer those menu items".)