Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Response time

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 01:13:50 -0700
On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 06:08:19PM +1000, Ronnie Sahlberg wrote:
> Ethereal does that for several popular protocols such as LDAP, SMB   and
> many many ONC-RPC and DCE/RPC protocols.

I.e., there's no way in Ethereal that makes it work for *all* protocols,
but there are protocols where the dissector does calculate that
information.

The way that the response corresponding to a request is identified is
protocol-specific, so there can't be a way to do it for all protocols.

> See the Analyze menu for these service response time statistics.

...and see the protocol dissection, at least for some of those
protocols, for the response time for specific responses.