Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Updated find capabilities.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 21:06:31 -0700

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 3:42 PM, Richard Sharpe wrote:

My only other comment is that we now seem to have two duplicate pieces of
code that should be a subroutine for ease of maintenance ...

I've redone a bunch of the find code; there's now a "find_packet()" routine, internal to "file.c", that contains the search framework but doesn't do any matching; it's passed a pointer to a function to do the matching, and an opaque pointer to pass to that function. There are several functions in "file.c" called by the find code to do various types of searches; they all end up calling "find_packet()".