Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] How to specify dissector handoff

From: Michael Brailsford <brailsmt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:46:47 -0600
I am currently writing a packet dissector to analyze the networking
traffic that we are generating in our application.  We send the packets
on a closed network (without outside access) and we send them directly
in an ethernet packet.  I can't figure out what to specify as the
handoff point between the ethernet dissector and mine.  I see a lot of
"dissector_add("ethertype", ...)".  But that will handoff only based on
the type field in the ethernet spec.  The handoff should occur on every
single ethernet packet that is on the network.  How would I do that?

P.S.  I am not subscribed to the list, so please respond to me
personally.

--
Michael
GnuPG Fingerprint:  4C56 7C23 8BD9 8B39 C4D4 B8F3 42FB 3634 31B5 E963