Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Adding -lkstat unconditionally when checking for snmp routine

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:25:42 -0700

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 9:43 AM, Richard Sharpe wrote:

Requiring libkstat.* on Linux does not seem to be good ...

*Do* we require it? I believe we first try just "-lsnmp" and, if that fails, we try "-lsnmp -lkstat". If linking only with "-lsnmp" on Linux doesn't work, perhaps we need to try more than just "-lkstat" as additional libraries.

If you're referring to the requirement for a crypto library, that's currently handled with the "--with-ssl" option; I'm not sure there's a good reason why we require users on Linux to specify that option, rather than just trying "-lsnmp -lcrypto" as well as "-lsnmp -lkstat".