Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Accessing TCP sequence number from another dissector

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:05:11 -0700

On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 4:06 AM, Alex Bond wrote:

I need to get access to the TCP seqeunce number from a dissector other than the TCP and I would like to know if this is possible because I need to check for resent packets.

If it's a dissector called by the TCP dissector, "pinfo->private_data" points to a "struct tcpinfo", as declared in "packet-tcp.h", which includes a "seq" member that's the sequence number of the first byte in the TCP payload.