Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Updates to COPS & SNMP dissectors

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:52:15 -0700

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 11:59 PM, kari.tiirikainen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hmm, the diffs I posted haven't been checked in yet.
Any reason for that ?

I was waiting for some resolution on the "same object, two definitions" issue.

KTi> At least with the MIBs supplied by UCD SNMP 4.2.5, more
KTi> than one MIB is
KTi> supplied that defines the same object

That's true. I'd say people should start to use NET-SNMP as it must be taken into account that some standard MIBs have been updated and hence the (re)definition of some MIB modules need to be handled. I think UCD-SNMP won't be developed
further, so we need to start looking in to NET-SNMP more carefully.

Does NET-SNMP fix that issue, so that you never have the same object defined twice in two MIBs?