Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Ethereal Gripe

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:11:11 +0200
... And if we *really* don't know what to do for the coming 18 months, then
we could start developing a graphical protocol (and packet) construction
tool. I think it must be reasonably simple to define basic building blocks
with which to construct packets (always-present typed fields, TLV fields,
variable field). It'd be graeat if we were able to drag-and-drop protocol
field types to a canvas, define field dependencies etc in a graphical
interface. Different protocol PDU types can then be defined by e.g.,
assigning specific values to fields. Excluding illegal PDUs can be performed
by e.g. using the "reserved" attribute.

Regards,

Olivier