Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Re: Ethereal Gripe

From: John McDermott <jjm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:26:46 -0600

Yes. I would like to be able to paste text selected in Ethereal into email messages and elsewhere.

This seems a bit tricky: 1)the current GUI does not allow selecting multiple
packets, 2) selecting from the hex or decode pane selects text in the other,
3) no pane, in fact, seems to allow selecting multiple "things".  How do you
envision this operating? I have always taken screen shots or saved the packets via the
right-click dialog and sent those along.

--john
--
John McDermott
Writer, Educator, Consultant