Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Resend: Another new feature for Ethereal.

From: "Ronnie Sahlberg" <ronnie_sahlberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:51:04 +1000
I dont know what overlap there might be.

My version is just really the same thing as tethereal -z io,users,... does
but just presented as
a clist that can be sordet by column.
I plan to enhance it to allow you to select one "conversation" and tell the
main window in ethereal to apply a displayfilter that only matches the
selected "conversation".

I appologize if my ignoranze of Greg's patch mistakenly thought his patch
was also just a tethereal -z io,users, clist.

One thing in the first patch i was not comfortable with was that it accessed
wiretap directly and is thus exposed to
the cap file encapsulation and the link layers instead of using the tap
system.
I will look into his patch and see what i missed in my ignorance.

If they provide different featuresets, lets just get both of them in, the
more the merrier.

what additional features than just a gui version of -z io,users,... does
Greg's patch provide?

best regards
    ronnie sahlberg