Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Inconsistency in About Ethereal menu item vs the dialog box l

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:38:24 -0700

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 8:30 AM, Richard Sharpe wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Guy Harris wrote:
Should the About dialog have the warning/error/information icon?

This was my next thought, and then I groaned at the amount of work
involved.

Firstly, I am going to have to run awk or something over the code to
include a CONSTANT label (#defined) in all those calls to simple_dialog
all over the code, and then I need to find some icons :-(

Actually, an About box might not need an icon in the dialog box itself; perhaps we should have a separate routine for About boxes, rather than using simple_dialog()?

KDE has an "about" method for KMessageBox, for display "About" dialogs, and GNOME has a GnomeAbout widget; other desktop environments might also treat About boxes specially.